Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Is it Spring yet???

Yes, you read the title correctly. I realize it's only December 16th but I'm already sick of Winter and ready for Spring.

Sunday night into Monday morning we had a storm front move through the Chicago area that left much of the area covered with a nice sheet of ice. Granted, it wasn't as bad as what hit the northeast section of the country last week, but it was still a pain to deal with.

Sunday afternoon the temperature here was 48 degrees; by Monday morning it was 5 degrees. It rained here pretty much all Sunday afternoon/evening/night, so when the temperature began to drop, the rain soon turned to freezing rain and then to snow. We didn't get a lot of snow, but we had snow nonetheless. What made it so bad was the fact that there was ice under the snow, you just couldn't see it, so it made travel very treacherous. It took me almost 30 minutes to first brush the snow off of my car and then scrape the ice off of it. I take my wife to the train station in the morning so she can get to work, and what usually is no more than a 10 minute drive was more than double that. Yuck.

Yep, Spring can't get here soon enough for me. Either that or I need to relocate to Arizona or some other warm spot until about mid-April LOL.

Anyway, that's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by, and y'all have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment